- This event has passed.
Organisational Communication Workshop
April 20, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is about how businesses translate their “culture” through attitudes, values and goals. The focus should be on relationships and the integration of sending and receiving messages. Most organisations ignore or forget the importance of having competent communicators.
It is a one day workshop done in Cape Town.
This workshop will clarify the following:
- What is organisational communication and how and why would I benefit from this?
- What are assumptions of organisation communication:
- Humans act rational
- Communication is a mechanical process in a mechanical system.
- Communication flow:
- “Container” communication’
- Downward communication
- Horizontal communication
- Interpersonal communication:
- Verbal and non-verbal
- Social media
- Approaches to Organisational communication:
- Communication as a constitutive role
- Impact of organisation on communicative behaviours
- SCARF models’ impact on motivation in organisations.
Tips to debrief your organisation’s communication:
- Assess current internal communication methods
- Identify a common goal
- Focus on company culture
- Recharge and connect
- Reflect on own communication skills