Thys is an organisation and leadership transformation facilitator. He has formal qualifications majoring in the areas of economics, industrial psychology, organisation development and group process facilitation. His success has been as a result of his ability to think and work at systemic and strategic levels; translating potentially complex issues into practical differentiated solutions. His areas of specialisation include behavioural sciences, learning, change, leadership and management development, organisation transformation, strategy facilitation and implementation and Human Resource management.
Thys currently does work in the areas of:
- Transformation and change:
- Organisation analysis, including climate, engagement and culture surveys;
- Scenario planning
- Vision, values, culture and strategic interventions
- Strategy facilitation, formulation and implementation.
- Design and development of transformation and change interventions (programmes and methodologies).
- Integrated organisation performance management.
- Institutionalising customer centric cultures
- Leadership and team development
- Personal Leadership, including emotional intelligence
- Coaching and mentoring
- Facilitating leadership initiatives, including team leadership
- Team process work, including conflict facilitation
- Strategic and transformational leadership
- “Facilitating Learning”
Involvement & Community projects
- Member – Society for Industrial & Organisational Psychology of South Africa.
- Member – SA OD Network
- Thys serves on the Executive of the Childhood Cancer Foundation (CHOC).
- He is the Chairperson of the Tygerberg Hospital School Governing Body
- He is also the Chair of the Church Council